Watershed Support Services and Activities Network (WASSAN), Hyderabad is a network-based organization focusing on improving the quality of mainstream programs in natural resources management and livelihoods. It engages actively in policy advocacy initiatives at the state and national levels mainly related to rainfed areas. WASSAN has contributed substantially to the development of watershed policies in various states and at the Government of India. WASSAN is also working with various partners in different States as part of the RRA Network on a rainfed agriculture-related agenda.
WASSAN is excited to announce an open opportunity for a dynamic and passionate individual to join us as a ‘Project Coordinator (Pastoralism)’. Join WASSAN (Watershed Support Services and Activities Network), a pioneering organization committed to enhancing the quality of natural resource management and livelihood programs. Since 1999, WASSAN has actively engaged in policy advocacy, supporting watershed development, and partnering with communities across Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Odisha, and Jharkhand.
About the Role:
As the Program Officer (Pastoralism), you will be at the helm of the ‘Envisioning Engagement with Pastoral Production Systems in South Telangana’. You’ll spearhead strategic meetings with pastoralists, co-develop training modules, and ensure seamless task delegation within the team. Your knack for meticulous documentation will be instrumental in maintaining project records and MIS. You’ll play a pivotal role in delivering impactful training sessions for farmers and agro-pastoralists while devising operational strategies to achieve program objectives.
- Conduct strategic engagements with pastoralists.
- Co-create training modules for pastoral stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and ensure follow-up with the team.
- Maintain project MIS and process documentation.
- Support training delivery for farmers and pastoralists.
- Develop operational plans aligned with program goals.
Mapping and Networking:
- Facilitate mapping and networking with pastoralist collectives and agencies.
- Collaborate with CSOs working in pastoralist communities.
Required Skills and Assets:
- Post-Graduate qualification in Ecology/Environmental Sciences/Rural Development / Anthropology / Ethnography or related fields
- Experience in community conservation and working with pastoral communities.
- Proven track record in project management and achieving results.
- Strong ethical grounding for working in challenging environments.
- Access to personal vehicle for village travel (local travel reimbursed)
- Proficiency in English and Telugu (mandatory for field meetings and trainings)
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a team.
- 1-year contract with extension possibilities. 3 months probationary period.